What about  SYSTEM  NETID  ?

Rob van der Heij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

05/26/2006 10:00 AM
Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System

        To:        IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: z/VM 5.2 and the S disk

On 5/26/06, Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve--I'm not on 5.2 yet, but the procedure that I've used for many years
> is to save the execs or whatever you need on the 190 disk as filemode
> 2.  That's important.  Then using the SAMPNSS EXEC that typically is
> shipped on the MAINT 493 disk, create a new NSS (Named Saved System)
> skeleton by entering "SAMPNSS CMS".  At that point, having remembered to
> relink 190 as RR, enter "I 190 CLEAR PARM SAVESYS CMS".  That will write
> out the directory information for 190 and 19E in the new CMS NSS.  When you
> IPL CMS, you'll be seeing the new execs.

You need to rebuild the CMS nucleus because the directory of the
S-disk is part of the nucleus. But you also need to be aware of
INSTSEG that holds copies of S-disk programs in storage. If you would
modify one of the programs on the S-disk it would not work. So to make
such changes you would need to log a local mod to the file, build it,
rebuild INSTSEG, etc.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij