How is "Emulated Tape" different from the VTAPE product from VSSI (Virtua
Software Systems, Inc.)? That already exists -- see
<http://www.vsoftsys.com/default.htm>.

Is what you are asking for better than VTAPE -- or are you just asking IB
to provide free what you can already get for a price? IBM might not want

to undercut a VM vendor.

We have both VPARS and VTAPE -- but only on one VM system. This was
installed to support TPF testing. The z/OS guests also make use of VTAPE.

I think these are expensive products -- but I really don't know what we

pay for them.