" I'm from the government, I'm here to help. "

Rick Troth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

06/01/2006 09:10 PM
Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System

        To:        IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: z/VM 5.2  and the S disk

> Don't push your luck, pal.  "can't get myself into too much trouble"  HA!
> Do you also walk down dark alleys at night with $50 bills hanging out of
> your pockets?  Do you hold your golf club up in the air during a lighting
> storm?  Do you J-walk?  Do you put your own stuff on TCPIP 191?  I suspect
> so.  People who put their own goodies on the S-disk typically do other
> crazy things, too.

Back in the days when men were men and programmers did hardware too,
customers were allowed to put things on the name-your-SVM 191 disk,
including any and all TCP/IP service v-machines.   Pfftth!!!
But what can we say?   The vendor of the IBM TCP/IP product annexed
the 191 disk the way Houston, Texas annexes bedroom boroughs.
Ahhh....  The joys of uncontrolled sprawl.

The 190 disk is different.  I'd sooner intercept the CMS IPL text
than put files on the 190 disk.  Remember Mother's rules and
DON'T comingle your stuff with IBM's stuff.  190 was no annexation.

-- R;