I also took awhile for VM/VTAM to convert from the old method to SES/E
installation.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:18 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VTAM and SFS Installation

On Wednesday, 06/07/2006 at 05:46 AST, Rich Greenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:
> Is there any possibility that VTAM, being a bit long in the tooth, was

> set up before SFS was as reliable as it presently is?  Perhaps a few
> added sections in the PPF file(s) . . . . . ?

The networking product set never really embraced SFS, primarily, I
believe, due to the lack of customer demand.  The phone lines were never

burning up with flames from irate customers.  I don't believe SFS
reliability was ever an issue since it isn't in the VTAM runtime
environment.

But, sure, if you're up to overriding the PPF as Kris suggested, then go

ahead.  Except for the configuration disk (298) and the run disk (29A),
don't think there's anything that can't live in SFS.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/