From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bob Heerdink
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:49 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: DFSMS/VM exit question - sharing 3494

My MVS guy is finally letting me get access to the 3494 tape library
(robot).  In order to share VM access to the magstar I need to install
DFSMS/VM and I'm told just the RMSONLY component.  However I don't have
the
program directory yet.
I have been scanning the IBM manuals and some Redbooks such as
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg244632.html?Open

That's a lot of reading!

I believe we want to implement the cbruxent exit in DFSMS to protect
against VM accidentally getting to any MVS tapes.  Can anyone save me
time
by summarizing this, or the steps?

Thanks so much,
Bob