On Monday, 06/26/2006 at 01:11 MST, "Strasser, [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But we also have a CMS application that uses AVS to talk to an MVS
application
> over LU 6.2., and I was told ?For LU 6.2 sessions, there is no
alternatives
> unless you have a PU 4/5.? It frankly seems very unlikely that we are
just SOL
> on LU 6.2 without a 3745. What do we need to make this work?

The CTC is sufficient (PU 5).  For connections beyond CTC range, then you
can set up an APPN (vs. subarea) network that can use PU 2.1 to carry LU
6.2.  APPN connections can be carried over an IP network via Enterprise
Extender (EE), which is built into z/OS CS, but not into VM VTAM.  To
bridge the gap, you will need Communication Server for Linux on zSeries.

DLSw can be used by an outboard controller to handle the SNA/IP
transformations as well.