From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Nielsen
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 10:57 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: A PIPE structure question

Is there a more elegant way to do the following PIPE structure:

'PIPE (ENDCHAR ?)',

   ... /* some stream of records */

   '| p: PICK ...
   '| t: TAKE ...

   ...  /* only the records that pass all the filters come here */

   '?',
   't:',
   '| f: FANINANY',

   ...  /* all the records that were filtered out come here */

   '?',
   'p:',
   '| f:'

What irks me is needing the last 3 lines.  As more filters get added more=

of these trivial connections are required.

I'd really like to be able to connect the secondary output streams from =

multiple stages in the same pipe (in this case PICK and TAKE) directly to=

the pipe that collects the rejected records (in this case the pipe with =

FANINANY).  If I read the PIPE syntax correctly there's no alternative, =

but I'm hoping I've overlooked some technique.

Brian Nielsen