> My memories of what should be
>on PUT 8602 are getting a little faint, and the tape isn't in such good
>shape...8-)

How could it not be in good shape?  PUT 8602 is an even-numbered PUT and
all old-timers know that it's only odd-numbered PUTs that are bad.
Besides, PUT 8602 has far exceeded my personal PUT application aging
standard of letting it age "forty days and forty nights".    ;-)

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed above are mine alone, not those of my employer.

"David Boyes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
07/17/2006 09:31 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Ancient History question: 5668903A IAD20

> No one ever listens to me.  (sigh)  The Sales Manual and Announcement
> archives are in the IBM Offering Information Tool.
> http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/OIAccess.wss.

Tried some common queries; that source has been lobotomized as well. The
RPQ
and announcements database is still fairly complete, but the sales manual
is
pretty much shot full of holes. Search for 3033 or 3705 if you want to see
what I mean. Pretty much anything prior to late 1990's to 2000 is gone.

(grumble... it's not like you guys don't *make* disk storage. What's a few
gigs of disk really cost you? Heck, put the old sales manual stuff on
CD/DVD
and *sell* it to us history buffs...grumble...grumble)

Thanks for the reference to the Fortran IAD. My memories of what should be
on PUT 8602 are getting a little faint, and the tape isn't in such good
shape...8-)

-- db

(who just set down the VM/370 R5 distribution tape on my desk. And VM/SP
1.0
source. And VM TCPIP 1.0 source and object. This tape archive is
fascinating
stuff. Or maybe I'm just easily amused.)

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message,
including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.