> >From CMS I can send files to RSCS with the name
> of an SNA3270P printer in the TAG, or the name
> of the SNANJE link which is our VSE system.
>
> In both cases the file prints at the expected printer.
>
> I have sent output from MVS to the SNA printers
> by putting DEST=(RSCS,PRTNAME) on the
> SYSPRINT DD, but if I try the same trick with
> DEST=(RSCS,VSE) it fails.
> Can someone explain to me why?

Two things I see: the syntax of the DEST= option is wrong (unless you're
trying to deliver a file from MVS to user VSE on your VM system), and
you're missing the necessary NJE routing to allow MVS to get files to
the VSE node via RSCS.

The DEST= specification should be (nodename, user) (for file delivery)
or (nodename, linkname) (in the printer case). , and you'd have to
maintain a NJE routing table to indicate that node VSE is reachable via
RSCS.

You need a ROUTE card in MVS to tell the NJE code that the destination
VSE is reachable via node RSCS.

It works with the direct connection to RSCS because NJE assumes a
implicit NJE ROUTE for directly connected links. You'll need to do the
same thing on VSE to allow files to flow to MVS. RSCS will be able to
reach both because of the direct links to the two systems.