At web site:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/getdoc/rexx90-010.pdf?bcsi_scan_8D2F38F5DDB7DE68=0&bcsi_scan_filename=rexx90-010.pdf
the document states:
What is XMENU?
-  A set of tools making it easy to wrap full screen menus around REXX
applications.
-  The XMENU product has three main pieces:
    - XMEDIT
        - A menu painter and menu editor.
   - MENUEXEC
        -The interface between menus and REXX.
  - Subroutines
        -A set of subroutines which allow non-REXX languages to handle
your existing menus.

XMENU was a product (if I remember correctly) first from Kolinar Corp, and
then sold by the VM Systems Group.
Both companies are defunct.

Unless you have a specific reason to use XMENU, you're probably better off
using a different CMS menuing system.
Perhaps IOS3270 from the VM Download page, or DMSCMS (not sure if DMSCMS
is free now).

Mike Walter
Information Technology Services
Hewitt Associates
The words herein are mine alone, not those of my employer.

"al_gl2" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
07/24/2006 12:04 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Menuexec - Where search for?

1. There module MENUEXEC EXEC?
MENUSYS and MENULIST (on the VM download web site) does not contain
MENUEXEC.
In what project can be MTNUEXEC?
I download else several other projects with the other site.
In these project is caused MENUEXEC, but module there no.

I have FOUND REFERENCE
?UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY COMPUTING CENTER  CMS Reference VM/SP Release 3
?
There is command description MENUEXEC.
Here is this description:
=========================
================
MENUEXEC : Display an XMENU panel
MENUEXEC
MENUEXEC is used to provide REXX, EXEC 2, EXEC and program support for
        display panels created with the XMENU command.  MENUEXEC can disp
lay
        panels on a 3270-type display terminal and accept input data from

the
        user at the terminal.
        MENUEXEC  | menuname [(options... [)]]
Where menuname  specifies the name of the MENU file to be displayed.
Usage Note Refer to the XMENU and DMSCVT User's Guide or online HELP for

details.
=========================
=====
In VM/ESA 2.4 such commands no.
This module (MENUEXEC EXEC) also is absent in that project, which I
download (for example MENUSYS, MENULIST and others.)

Where find the module MENUEXEC EXEC?

2.  I download "alternate Rexx library for VM" from

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=960&uid=swg24006250

After installing "alternate Rexx library for VM" when calling the modules

REXX i get the messages:

EAGALT0300E Error 3 running compiled USERS EXEC, line 0: Program is
unreadable
EAGALT0304I The program cannot run using the Alternate Library

These messages give the module miscellaneous on REXX (lrecl 1024) from

other project.
There is text in the first line of such modules (command BROWSE) :
""PROCEAGRTPRC Compiled REXX   2.0""

Possible i have wrong installed. Must work "alternate Rexx library for VM
"
download site IBM for VM/ESA or only for Z/VM?
Must work "alternate Rexx library for VM" for compiled module REXX
(LRECL=1024)?

Alexandr.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message,
including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.