On Wednesday, 07/26/2006 at 06:14 MST, Ranga Nathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I am told that to go from z/VM v5.1 to v5.2, one would have to get the
> v5.2 and install from scratch. Is this so?
> If this is the case, how would I preserve the user directory and other
> files?

If you maintained your local customizations in the way our books suggest
and you use a 2nd-level z/VM 5.2 install, z/VM 5.1 and 5.2 will cooperate
to allow you to migrate your configuration files to the new system.

Migration of the directory is still a PITA manual operation.  Sorry.