As I read his post - If you move some of your 2nd level VMs to LPARs you will get some improvement in throughput. If you replace your Z800 with a Z9 you will get improved throughput. If you do both you may get a lot of improvement.

How much improvement? You need some performance tools to even be able to guess.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Alan:

Thanks for your input, but in re-reading my post, I phrased it incorrectly; the question (which I think you really answered in the affirmative) was: will placing the present 2nd-level VMs (and their current 3rd-level guests) in a separate LPAR help my throughput? I believe you answered "yes" - but should I push for a Z9 instead? I assume the Z800 cannot be upgraded. I need to find a solution that will be viable for future hardware/software combinations also, if possible. If different hardware is the solution, then that is what I must suggest. And if different hardware COUPLED with moving all present 2nd-level VMs to their own LPAR, then I need to suggest that!

I am not relishing the administrative headaches, but right now, we have a bigger problem with the clients' throughput!

David Wakser
InfoCrossing

--
Stephen Frazier