From: VM/ESA and z/VM Discussions [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Hans Rempel
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 5:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Problem moving spool files from z/vm 3.1 to z/vm 5.2 using
spxtape

Thanks Mike. I read you e-mail earlier but didn't have a chance to
reply.
You're correct. I used a spxtape to backup of nss files from 5.2 system
and found that it used much more space than necessary about 13% when I
loaded them the 5.2 syste. I than IPL'ld and it dropped to 3%. So its
not just between releases. SPXTAPE 5.2 is bad.

Your comments made me comfortable to proceed with the spxtape load. I
just added an additional 3 spool volumes to the 4 I had.

Hans