What piece of software is it you're concerned about?  Just the OS?

Paul Goodwin

             Michael Coffin
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             cci.com>                                                   To
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  IBM Policy When Running in DR Mode

             08/02/2006 11:53
             AM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

Hi Folks,

I've got a call into my local rep, but if any IBM'ers are hanging out and
know the answer to this question I'd appreciate it if you could respond
ASAP (privately if you prefer).

I have a client that had to implement their Disaster Recovery plan and
relocate to a DR hot site.  They have been running on a machine which they
are technically unlicensed for for approximately 4 weeks now.  The original
licensed site will not be usable until probably early 2007, and we have
requested and received RELO pricing from IBM to relocate our existing
mainframe hardware to the DR site so we can get back on our licensed box.

As it has been 4 weeks, the question was raised recently regarding IBM's
"Official Policy" with regards to running on an unlicensed box as the
result of a disaster making the licensed box unavailable.  How long can we
run in this fashion before it becomes a problem?

-Thanks in advance

Michael Coffin, President
MC Consulting Company, Inc.
57 Tamarack Drive
Stoughton, Massachusetts  02072

Voice: (781) 344-9837    FAX: (781) 344-7683

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.mccci.com

We employ aggressive SPAM filters.  If you cannot reply or send email to
mccci.com go to www.mccci.com/spamblockremove.php

Click here to help fight the war on Spam!  Report an unsolicited commercial
email or a spamming organization.