On Wednesday, 08/02/2006 at 12:53 AST, Neale Ferguson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can someone enlighten me as to what this message means? I know it's just
> informational but there's no entry in the Messages manual:
>
> DTCPKT049I Device LCSD: PCCA reports home hardware address 0011251E2228
for
> link ...

An LCS-mode device has initialized and has returned its MAC address to the
host.  When you don't see that message, the adapter isn't initializing.  I
used to occassionally see 00000000000000 for the MAC address, telling me
that I needed to re-IML the card or device.