My feeling is that the graphics in the Performance Toolkit satisfy the
interests of the original author. If you want more, you need to go to a real
graphics package. GDDM comes to mind, but so do some vague unpleasant memories,
but I do think that dual scales (a left hand scale for CPU and a right hand
scale for I/O or TrivResp) is possible. Personally, I extract the data from PTK
and use GnuPlot on my windows workstation to design a plot. When I am
satisfied, I transfer the control information and updated data to a Linux
system for batch creation of graphics that can be emailed to managers or
displayed on a web page. Something that my Linux associates are urging me to
look at is the RRDTOOL for the accumulation and display of this time-based
performance data. The BigBrother monitoring package does a interesting job of
presenting some data (examples available on request).

/Tom Kern