> Hello!
> I am making preparations for my once a year vacation.

Have a great time!

> How do I instruct
> the list server to not send me messages until I return?

WHAT??? and miss out on all the exciting conversations
that go on here? Besides, can't you get email on your
boat/beach/mountaintop resort?

Well.. if you insist on being anti-social just because you
are on vacation... <g>

1) send email to
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (not to IBMVM!)
    with the following content:
    SET IBMVM NOMAIL

2) go on the web to:
    http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa.exe
    click on:
    Subscriber's Corner
    select "Mail Status" and click Submit to see
                                 your current status (ON)
    then select 'nomail' from the drop down list, and
                                 click on 'Submit changes'.

The web interface requires a log in ONCE, then it saves
it in a cookie. So I was able to get to it now w/o logging
in manually.

In general, for help with listserv stuff, send an email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or whatever
server you are dealing with) that says the word HELP
in the body. You will get it.

Shimon

**
Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.     http://www.poboxes.com/shimonpgp
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 530-9877  fax: 530-9308
**