On Friday, 09/01/2006 at 09:23 MST, Adam Thornton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Easiest way is VLAN-aware VSWITCH, and give the z/VM stack itself on
> each side an adapter bound to a specific VLAN, and have those two
> things be the *only* hosts in that VLAN.
>
> CTC works well if you want an honest-to-goodness point-to-point
> connection.  But then you need a real CTC.

I too would use VSWITCHes to construct the network.  Then you can add
additional hosts to the private network as needed.  You can even use IEEE
VLANs with the vswitch to create multiple private (or public) networks
without having to devote more hardware to the problem.