Oh, yeah,  I had that one during share in march 2005.  Lots of NDMBKs and things fell apart.

If you don't have a dump to know for sure, get current on your RSU level , and then learn how to do one or how to get on the phone with IBM to get one before IPLing next time :)   Now you can tell management the plan!

Marcy Cortes

“This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Pitner
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:34 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] LPAR Frozen with HIGH CPU

Greetings,
We had this exact same problem on our z/VM 5.1 (RSU 0501) LPAR earlier this week. I have had this issue happen a few times, but this was the first time I was able to obtain a dump from the PSW RESTART. I did open an incident with IBM support. I have received a reply from them to apply a few PTFs. They reported that the dump showed some issues with processing NDMBKs. I’m hesitant to post the APAR numbers here in case they don’t fit your situation. If you need them, I can pass them on. I have not applied them yet. I’m considering just doing an RSU upgrade, but I do not know if these APARs are in the latest RSU yet. I hope this information helps!

-Dave.