We have a similar situation in which our z/OS crew prepares all the IODEFs.  VM does not own the token.  AFAICR, I was present when the z/OS crew made a change to write the IODEF we were using and without my doing anything, the devices were immediately added to VM.

CP and SYSTEM CONFIG are good magic.  :-)

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"Jim Bohnsack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

09/19/2006 02:15 PM

Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: Dynamic i/o

One of the z/OS systems on our processor owns the IODF TOKEN and we have
been able to add devices that have been defined on the z/OS side.  Our
SYSTEM CONFIG does not have anything in it that Rick mentioned and it
has been 2-3 years now since the devices were added.  I suspect that on
the VM side, after the devices were dynamically added on the z/OS lpar,
we or I did a DEF CU and a DEF DEVICE on the VM lpars.

Jim

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.