From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David Kreuter
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 4:56 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: IFL question

Hi StevE: An IFL is "special purpose" processor designed to run z/VM and

linux. As such it can be used by one or more LPARs. Within an LPAR all
CPUs must be the same type; i.e. all IFLs or all general CPUs.
David
Steve Gentry wrote:

> I may be mixing apples and oranges here, but I know you guys will set
> me straight.
> How many LPARS/partitions can an  IFL  support?
> Thanks,
> Steve G.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]