It has been a couple of years since I worked on this stuff, but - We ran
all
of our OS guests with disconnected consoles. In fact they usually were
brought up disconnected. Most likely the way they are disconnected has an

effect on whether they disappear after the 15 minute point. We never chan
ged
the 15 minute criteria. I recall that the command  SET RUN ON was require
also. Then to disconnect, you had to be sure you were talking to CP
properly. I think we would do a #cp disc whenever we had to bring a guest
 OS
up and then disconnect it. After that we would use a dial command from an

available terminal to use as an OS console. That however was not required
, I
do not believe.