From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 03:23 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Delta Object Directory

DIRMAINT on z/VM 5.2 uses a delta object directory that I think is used
to speed up directory updates. When I run Q ALLOC DRCT afterwards, the
directory space used is double the usual amount so I presume there is
some magic that DIRMAINT does to manage it. Everytjhing would be fine,
except VM:Account gets an abend DRX003 when trying to read the directory
during this delta state. When I run DIRMAINT DIRECT the object directory
goes back down to regular size. Then, I can restart VMACCT and
everything is OK.

Obviously something has to be fixed, but how can I temporarily set
DIRMAINT to not run in delta update mode?

Ray Mrohs
U.S. Department of Justice
202-307-6896