On 10/8/06, Dave Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

a megabyte of 3090 memory cost $19,200. That works out to $0.018311/byte
  (1 MB = 1024 * 1024 bytes).

Ouch, that hurts.  Around that time I was charged about the same for
my VMSHARE usage to transport that amount of data through my public
X.25 connection (IIRC it was $0.015 per segment of 7 databits, 1
parity bit, and some start and stop bits). I should have considered to
buy new bits on the other side rather than sending used ones...

One of my co-workers found that instead of sending data to a remote
site in China, it was cheaper to to take a return flight to China with
the tape. This was in the days when a large international had a single
9600 bps dial-up connection into UUCP to do e-mail...

Rob (we're not getting old, technology just changes very fast)