If you just want to be able to grab the output rather than if you really need it in GCS, I run an exec that does that. Normally I run with VTAM secusered to the OPERATOR id. My exec temporarily changes the secuser id to the issuer, issues the command and waits for the output. When the output is complete, the VTAM id is secusered back to OPERATOR.

If that's the kind of facility you want, let me know and I'll send you the execs.
Jim

Stracka, James (GTI) wrote:

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6ED46.3C669FD0

I know that this can be done in a NETVIEW NCCFLST but I would like to do
this as a VM/VTAM GCS routine.

Can EXECIO or PIPE, or some other function, be run in a GCS routine in
VMVTAM to trap the output of a command such as:

        d route,destsub=3D02=20

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University