Folks,

 I think I have asked this before, but I thought a
second try in different phrasing might help. The GCC
run time is "cloned" from the MVS version. So it uses
OS QSAM i/o and GETMAIN/FREEMAIN storage.

If I use CMSCALL to call another module that also uses
GETMAIN/FREEMAIN storage, when it returns it appears
to free my getmain/freemain storage. From reading the
current documents this appears to be working as
designed. When STORECLR is set to "ENDSVC" the OS
storage is cleared at SVC202/CMSCMD termination.

However if I set it to "ENDCMD" it says storage should
only be released when the "ready" message is typed.
This does not appear to happen. Has any one else done
anything like this? IS this what I should expect.

Dave

P.S. In the long run I would like to remove this and
use native CMS macros. This is a lot of work because
it means removing QSAM as it uses GETMAIN. This means
I need a whole raft of extra code if I still want to
support accessing tape, spool etc. as well as files...