I believe that the ISPF approach is perhaps the poorest one out of all of the other options that have been proposed here. Not only is it difficult to license on IFL engines, as Dr. Boyes points out, it is difficult to use as a 3270 panel builder, imho.

For Rexx based applications, I would recommend either CUA2001 (excellent package) or IOS3270. If the 3270 panel management needs to be done from a language other than Rexx, I would suggest RDM/ESA.

Good luck.

DJ

David Boyes wrote:
You can use DMS/CMS or the VM version of ISPF (if that is what you are

familiar
with) as well as the products suggested by the other responders.

Although one caveat is that neither can be licensed on IFLs without
special bids (and they're *really expensive* in that scenario).
Don't know whether that applies in this case, but none of the other
solutions mentioned cares whether it's std or IFL engines.