One reason for not looking at the TCO of the client/server setup
is that they do not have those figures.
        At some of my old clients, the largest unknown cost was the
client/server pieces and parts.  They would estimate how many and how
much.

        A large Publishing company in NE Ohio, was told to get an audit
of all the C/S equipment and software and to ensure that all software
was legal.  Management was amazed at the cost (15 times the estimate of
the hardware) and the software licensing was 'many times higher than
expected'.

        But to paraphrase
'Nothing is more powerful than a BAD idea whose time has come'.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
[EMAIL PROTECTED]