I recognize it. That is a 360-25 with a MFCU at one end and a printer at the other. Back in the early 70's the Oklahoma Tax Commission had one that ran an operating system called DOS that later grew up to be z/VSE. My roommate was the systems programmer/operator on it. I was working at OU at the time we had a 36-50 that ran OS/MFT which is now called z/OS.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On page 50 of the Nov. 2006 issue of SC Magazine is a picture that has been labeled a System/360. I've seen a lot of S/360 pictures and have even been in the presence of one, but I don't ever recall a S/360 looking like this. Obviously, there is a printer and a card reader in the picture. Is the unit in the middle the controller for these devices? But on second look, I can see the Emergency Pull and
the dials for setting addresses (IPL , etc.).
So, what S/360 is this unit used on?
Thanks,
Steve

--