Kris Buelens wrote:
What you ask is impossible In linemode. If you want to exploit fullscreen CMS, then you can define the color of each character:
Some code extracted from my TSTREX EXEC
Nothing is impossible :-) Well, alright, *some* things are impossible, but this isn't one of them.

Some years ago I wrote a small assembler program to do just this. In essence, it uses a combination of SCREEN VMOUT, TERM AUTOCR, and a little-known switch on the CMS TYPLIN function call. Using this, I am able to create linemode output on the screen that includes colours, blinking, reverse video, and underscore.

Everything is triggered off an escape character which is followed by attribute specifications. For example:

'esay /yuH/dnello /bnthere/dn'

will generate an output line containing the text 'Hello there', where the 'H' is yellow and underscored, the 'ello ' is normal, and 'there' is blue.

Ray Mansell
IBM Hawthorne