On Wednesday, 12/06/2006 at 06:35 CST, Kris Buelens
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Where can we find what this means?
> DTCAPI001I IucvCheckRc: IUCV retcc 2 iprcode 0 on path 1 function 6
> DTCAPI002I    Userid MTCSGATE TheSockNumber 42
> No DTCAPI messages where found in the TCP/P Messages manual of z/VM 4.4
nor 5.2

It apparently all started when MTCSGATE issued a BSD-style socket call for
socket 42.  That was turned into
    IUCV SEND,TYPE=2WAY,TRGCLS=(socket call verb, 42).
You can't tell from that message what the verb was (connect, send,
receive, close, ...).

When the stack tried to respond to the request (data arrived, connection
complete, etc.), the IUCV REPLY (function 6) failed with CC=2, 'message
not found'.  That would tend to indicate a bizzare problem in the stack as
the reply contains the same TRGCLS as the original request.  CC=2 means
that CP couldn't find an outstanding SEND with that TRGCLS that was
waiting for a reply.

If it is reproducible, a socket trace (remember to include Traceonly
MTCSGATE Endtraceonly) would be edifying.  If the stack really is replying
to a non-existent message, contact the Support Center.

If you like, feel free to submit an RCF about the missing message.