That is the same problem here.

I hope that there will be a fix(s) before I get to the point of
dissolving my supernet.

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/6/2006 12:38 PM >>>
When I was installing and testing on z/VM 5.2 in a guest I used
supernetting of class C addresses in the z/VM 5.2 guest's TCPIP stack.

There was a problem getting TCPIP to accept the supernetting syntax and
openned a PMR.  APAR PK18025 (PTF UK11188) was created to resolve the
problem.  Without this APAR I got an error message on the TCPIP
console:

  DTCPRS158E Line 75:  Subnet Mask specified on GATEWAY statement is
not
valid

or
   DTCPAR123I Line 75: Unknown link name in GATEWAY cmd

depending on which supernetting syntax I was using.

I don't use supernetting anymore, but once the syntax was accepted it
did
work for me.

Brian Nielsen

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:05:39 -0600, Tom Duerbusch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We have a supernet defined on z/VM 5.1.
>I have been installing z/VM 5.2 on second level and had a lot of
>problems getting the TCP/IP portion to work.  Eventually, we
downgraded
>the second level system to a single class C network.  Great, that
gets
>me going again.
>
>Then, last night, it dawned on me that this isn't a first
level/second