Check your CP default MDC settings or set them off all together. The
defaults hurt me very bad in a z/VM 3.1 system.

Hans

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Pohlen (Mailinglist)
Sent: December 12, 2006 8:54 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: problem with an old vm/esa environment after migration to a flex-es
tserver

Hi listers,

I have a customer with a really old VM/ESA 2.2, VSE/ESA 2.3 and SQLDS
database. Now after migration to the tserver he complains about performance
problems. What I have figured out that he has massive paging only on SQLDS
service machine (300-500 pages/s). This I cannot understand, because first
he has more memory available as before on multiprise (193 MB vs. 768 MB now)
and second we haven't changed the system layout compared to the multiprise.
We have migrated the system by dump/restoring the volumes with DDR. So what
can cause only the sqlds machine to page so heavily? I have already doubled
the virtual memory to 96 MB but this had no effect on the behaviour. Does
anybody have an idea, where I can search for the problem?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Franz Josef Pohlen