On Thursday, 12/21/2006 at 04:34 PST, Don Russell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> IBM VM BATCH uses Diag D4 to set an Alternate ID for task IDs, so in
> some ways the task machine is "masquerading" as a different userid.

> That is, how can I determine what my ORIGINID would be if I sent a spool
> file to another ID?
>
> This is on z/VM 4.4

Issue an APPCVM CONNECT (CMALLC) to a private resource of your own
creation.  The alternate ID is used as the source id in the connection. Of
course, it's way easier to send a spool file to yourself and use diag 0xBC
to look at the originid, and then discard it.

Your ESM may have a privileged query.  CP doesn't.