On Thursday, 01/11/2007 at 08:05 EST, Steve Gentry
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you all for the excellent suggestions.  This EXEC is for a single
> user(me) who should remember
> to change the storage size in the first place.  It's nothing mission
critical,
> so I'll just have to remember to change the
> storage size.  I guess I was hoping for a double-secret diag code or
something
> that only Chuckie knew.

When I do this, my PROFILE EXEC will query the virtual storage size and
re-IPL using the DEFINE STORAGE xxxx#IPL CMS PARM AUTOCR trick.  Naturally
you pass the test on the second trip through the profile, so it doesn't do
it again.

And, unlike when issued from the command line, a failure in DEFINE STOR
(e.g. exceeeds maxstor) will suppress the IPL.  That is, the DIAG ends
when one of the commands gives a non-zero RC.

-- Chuckie