On Thursday, 01/11/2007 at 10:21 CST, Alan Ackerman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was hoping I wouldn't have to convert. Silly of me to expect them to
come to
> their senses.

Everyone else gets to webify their "legacy" apps, so why not IBM?  We have
internal app development shops that are looking for ways to cut support &
development costs, too.  And those new hires out of college are certainly
not very good at 3270 programming, you know....  ;-)

That the 3270 interface on IBMLink remained for 7 years (long past the
original sunset schedules) is a testimonial to the IBMLink team's
committment to you.  They fought to keep it.  Quite reasonably, TPTB don't
like redundant investments and I was gratified by their ability to keep
both interfaces running for so long.