From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ed
Zell
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:45 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: ISPF and ISPF/PDF

Speaking of software that hasn't changed much in the last 10 years....

We still run ISPF and ISPF/PDF.  The last fixes I put on were Y2K
related back in 1997 or 1998 IIRC.  Is anyone else still using
these products?  Since they are so stable and no new work is being
done on them, should I still be paying as much to "license" them?

What scares me is that the price will jump significantly if we decide
to move to a new z-box.  And we will still be doing the exact same
thing with them that we do today.  None of the new cycles/MIPS will
have anything to do with the products.

Is there any validity to my thoughts or should I just accept that
the software pricing is what it is and deal with it?

I would appreciate any comments.  Thanks.

Ed Zell
Illinois Mutual Life Insurance
(309) 674-8255 x-107
.

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:  This communication, including any attachments, is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and contains information which may be confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, any distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, notify
the sender immediately, delete the communication and destroy all copies. Thank
you for your compliance.