From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rich Smrcina
Sent: Wednesday, 17 January 2007 12:53 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: ISPF and ISPF/PDF

I've never used ISPF, so I'm not sure what 'ISPF file tailoring' is, but

if it's something like entering parameters or values of some sort, I
expect it could be duplicated to a certain extent.

Ed Zell wrote:
>> Depending upon what those 'cool utilities' are they may be able to be

>> converted to REXX and Xedit (for full screen dialog support).  There
> are
>> also some other full screen dialog packages available, there was a
>> thread about that topic here some time ago.
>
> I have done that with a few apps, but we generate a ton of VSE JCL
using
> ISPF file tailoring.  I've never really found a way to get away from
it
> that is as simple and easy as file tailoring.  Any thoughts there?
>
> Ed Zell
> (309) 674-8255 x-107
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> .
>

> CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE:  This communication, including any attachments,
is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information which may be confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, any distribution or copying of this
communication in error, notify the sender immediately, delete the
communication and destroy all copies. Thank you for your compliance.

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007