Well, this code compiles perfectly under SuSE Linux 9, so I think that the
compiler is telling you it cannot find any function named getaddrinfo().

Make sure you have the correct MACLIBS or whatever the C compiler uses
set up.

Come to think of it, what C compiler are you using under VM? Is it a
freebie? :)

-Paul