On Friday, 01/26/2007 at 07:48 CST, Ed Zell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Yes, it has a daisy-chain SCSI connector on it.  And if it won't work
> with CP or CMS, then I may be SOL.
>
> What I really would like to do is take advantage of our network side
> tape devices for backup.  They have some pretty cool drives and a
> small tape silo.  If we both used a DS6000 or DS8000 storage unit
> would their drives be able to backup my mainframe data?

The DS6000 and DS8000 storage units can have both ECKD FICON (extra cost)
and open Fibre Channel connections active on them at the same time.  You
do have to divide the units into separate ECKD and open "primordial"
storage pools.

More recent tape drives units can work the same way.