Gabe writes me:

Mostly favorable article, but...  "English-challenged"?  Jeez, that's not
the IBM I remember.  And interesting perspective, that IBM "maturing" VM
means dropping support for trinkets like VSAM.

IBM Preps z/VM Overhaul

http://www.esj.com/news/article.aspx?EditorialsID=2449&pg=2

If anything, Singley says, he wishes IBM would revamp its z/VM support.
"The only other negative point . is [that] the Level-1 phone support
personnel are generally English-challenged and difficult to understand.  On
top of that, mainframe-related software seems to be an entirely unknown
world to them," he concludes.  "I wish IBM would come up with a better
support scheme for English-speaking customers and mainframe software users."

Not everyone likes what IBM is doing with z/VM, of course, including Ed
Martin, a VM programmer with an Ohio-based health care provider network.  As
IBM has matured VM, it has also dropped support for core VM applications and
services.  It's in this regard, Martin gripes, that his employer has been
left holding the bag.

--
...phsiii

Phil Smith III