--- Alan Ackerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Has anyone been able to access the Microsoft Active
> Directory  from CMS?
> (This is an alternative to
> the web services access to the Corporate LDAP
> Directory that I mentioned
> in my other append.) The
> idea would be to have people accessing my web server
> application have the
> ir userid pre-validated by
> their login to their PC. We would also need some
> other information that A
> ctive Directory possesses:
> the person's email address and person number.
>
> I know essentially NOTHING about Active Directory.

I wonder why you need two LDAP directories. AD is
basically an LDAP directory. You use LDAP to access it
like any other LDAP directory. As usual for MS it
chooses to implement things in a different, but
perfectly legal way. If you have multiple domains you
may need to use other protocols to access.

Dave