The ³mod 27² moniker was selected because the 32,760 size was ³roughly²
three times a mod 9. The mod 54 is ³roughly² three times the mod 27. It
would have been too hard to allocate a ³3390 mod 29.43396226415².

You have actual volumes with 32,760 cylinders because they¹ve been defined
that way in your DS8000. If you want 10 cylinder disks, you can probably
have that too. I remember an EMC box I used that gave me (memory¹s bad
here...) 4 mod 9 disks, plus a ³leftover² 110 cylinder disk per physical
volume in the EMC frame. They said to consider the small ones as ³really
fast² dasd for specific purposes.

Some things just need to be taken on faith, and then you move on.
--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OC-1-13              200 First Street SW