From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of RPN01
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:19 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: DASD cylinders

The "mod 27" moniker was selected because the 32,760 size was "roughly"
three times a mod 9. The mod 54 is "roughly" three times the mod 27. It
would have been too hard to allocate a "3390 mod 29.43396226415".

You have actual volumes with 32,760 cylinders because they've been
defined that way in your DS8000. If you want 10 cylinder disks, you can
probably have that too. I remember an EMC box I used that gave me
(memory's bad here...) 4 mod 9 disks, plus a "leftover" 110 cylinder
disk per physical volume in the EMC frame. They said to consider the
small ones as "really fast" dasd for specific purposes.

Some things just need to be taken on faith, and then you move on.
--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OC-1-13              200 First Street SW

> From: Marcy Cortes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:00:38 -0600
> To: <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
> Conversation: [IBMVM] DASD cylinders
> Subject: Re: DASD cylinders
>
> How then do I have actual volumes on my system of 32,760 cyls.  That's
> not divisible by 1113 (ds8000 here).
>

> Marcy Cortes
>

> "This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
> If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
> addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on
> this message or any information herein.  If you have received this
> message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
> and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]