I use this program for some specialized backup/recovery processes. Does

anyone know if there is a more current copy available? The Downloads
website has a copy from 1996-08-26 (file dates inside vmarc are 1993-06-
17). Or does anyone know how I can get in touch with the author Frits Moo
y?

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211

* :nick.CKDSVRST   :sec.UNCLASSIFIED                 :disk.IBMVMGAT

* :title.Multi-purpose DASD backup/restore program also NON-CMS.

* :version.1.0                      :date.93/02/25   :ops.VM

* :oname.Frits Mooy                 :onode.EHONE     :ouser.40959065

* :aname.Frits Mooy                 :anode.EHONE     :auser.40959065

* :support.X    :doc.HELPCMS        :lang.ASSEMBLER  :source.N

* :repository.IBMVMGAT

* :kwd.Multi-purpose dasd backup/restore.

* :abs.CKDSVRST is a multi-purpose backup restore program.

* It can copy disks of any format (i.e CMS,MVS,VSE) to another disk.

* It can save the disk contents onto tape.

* It can save the disk contents into CMS files.

* It can of course restore the saved contents back onto disk.

* For NON-CMS disks or partially formatted CMS disks, the restriction

* is that the target disk must be of the same device type than the

* origin disk.

* Also for these kind of disks the number of cylinders of the target

* disk must be the same as the number of cylinders of the origin disk.

* For CMS disks CKDSVRST provides more functionality.

* The target disk may be of a different device type and the number of

* cylinders may be larger.

* In the latter case an implied format of the extra blocks

* takes place.

* :lic.By placing material on this conference, I agree to grant

* IBM a non-exclusive, royalty-free license for the material

* as set forth in the LICENSE AGREEMNT file on this conference.

      CKDSVRST MODULE   *   Module which does the work

      CKDSVRST HELPCMS  *   Help file: HELP CKDSVRST

      CKDSVRST LICENSE  *   Licence Agreement