On Friday, 03/23/2007 at 12:29 MST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Isn't it "CMS Multitasking" and not "CMS" that uses multiple cpus? It is
> a fine point of distinction, but I cannot run multiple concurrent
> programs under CMS and have instances of simultaneous execution of two
> or more of them without going beyond basic CMS to CMS Multitasking. It
> is a different operating system.

If the question is "Does CMS, in general, let me run two programs
concurrently?" the answer is "No".  If the question is "Can CMS use more
than one CPU?" the answer is "Yes".

There's no difference between "CMS" and "CMS Multitasking".  The latter is
just our name for the set of APIs that enable you to create a
multi-threaded CMS application that can take advantage of multiple CPUs.
CMS' POSIX support is built on top of it.  CMS Multitasking is most
definitely NOT a separate operating system.