I use $PAGE$, $SPOOL$, $TDISK$, $DIRECT$, $SYSWRM$, $SYSCKP$, $ALLOC$, as

placeholders so that I can have ALL of my DASD allocations listed in a
directory map (DIRMAP or DISKMAP). This helps me not allocate a CMS minid
isk
on cylinder 0 of a volume or on top of one of the CP-used areas. This is
less likely now-a-days because of the recommendations to use full volumes

for PAGE, SPOOL, etc allocations, but DRCT, WARM, CKPT are still small ar
eas
on sysres that might in a rush housekeeping exercise get forgotten.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211