I've used it as sort of a documentation "tool" and to also as a place
holder.  That way when you run DISKMAP or DIRMAP it shows up in the report
and therefore you know the space has been allocated.  Placing the mdisk
statement in $PAGE$ in no way means that  $PAGE$ will use it.  Of course
if you log on to $PAGE$ and try to format that space, you'll be in a world
of hurt.  Therefore define them as read only.
You can also do this for $T-DISK$  and $SPOOL$

Hope that helps.

Steve G.

Mary Anne Matyaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/27/2007 11:58 AM
Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System