Thanks Tracy. I did find a webpage from Paul Giordano talking about tracing
VSWITCH but ran into problem/time  with IPFORMAT exec.  I used sample ETC
and Config files from IBM.

ipformat debug file a

   228 +++

    40 +++

DMSRTL2103E Error in compiled CMS system Rexx file; additional information:
4100

 41 IPFORMAT EXEC 228

Ready(20041); T=0.27/0.27 17:50:09

Allan. Thanks for your comments. Nothing has changed or broke in production.
We are trying to setup a test environment with new TCPIP stack and network
server with new software. I would like to prove that the VSWITCH and OSA are
not the problem because I use the same VSWITCH and OSA in the production
TCPIP stack. The traces seem to show that data is heading onto the VSWITCH.
Why the network folks don't see it is a mystery to me.

I have a few tests planned for Thursday morning which I hope will shed more
light on the situation.

Hans

  _____