Jim,

Thanks,  I read about that article,  What are the  other alternatives ?
We may not upgrade  to z/VM 5.3 until 2008.

Thanks,

Ann Chang
(212) 578 - 8297(O)
(212) 578 - 9877(Fax)

"Jim Elliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
04/27/2007 09:24 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Security on Linux/VM

> We are planning to make z/VM Linux production with RACF on VM,
> I would like to know what is best practices for handling
> security under Linux/VM and how other shops handing security
> for Linux.

Anne:

Check out http://www.vm.ibm.com/security/ (look for the papers at
the bottom of that web page).

Note that today you can't use RACF on z/VM to authenticate from
Linux, but with z/VM 5.3 (available in June) and the new LDAP
server you will be able to.

Jim

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.